Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Past and Future Endevors

Before I can start giving you guys updates I guess you'll need a reference point to start from. I can start dumping updates on you which will eventually form some kind of progress but it'll make a whole bunch more sense if I lay a little back story out first.

The all powerful Master System
I touched on my history in my welcome post which you can read here. That was a real quick over-view of some of my formative years, which won't be too important to the upcoming update posts through out this blog. They will however give you an idea of where my particular tastes and nostalgia is coming from. As a quick recap the lions share of my early gaming memories came from the Sega Master System. I guess most kids either became Nintendo or Sega aligned, not due to any real cognitive decision, but more of the circumstance their parents placed them in. Which ever console your parents decided to get you, was the one you were stuck with. 

Personally I could not imagine growing up without spending the hours upon hours playing Alex Kidd, Wonder Boy, Space Harrier, Columns, Streets of Rage and so many more. Sega will always hold a special place in my heart, even throughout the mostly crap they've been putting out as of late. I guess the reason I'm going over this again in a bit more detail is that if you follow me in my adventures you'll probably see a whole bunch of Sega stuff (old and new) in my gameplay. You might ask yourself why I would waste hours playing something that is by most accounts objectively lower in quality than some of the great games I have stacked up on my desk waiting to be played, nostalgia's one hell of a drug!
Pile of Shame

I guess from there we'll transition into my "problem". I love games, pretty close to nearly all of them. Which can lead me to buy a whole bunch of them, and I really mean a lot! While I have plans to play them all, I can't actually be sure that that will happen. As such I'm trying to cut down buying more while I work my way through the backlog I've amassed. This means that if you're coming here for up to the minute gameplay and information you will be sorely disappointed. I can't even guarantee the stuff you'll be seeing pop up here be timely within a year, in fact I can pretty much guarantee it won't. I'm here to have a good time with games, not rush from new release to new release, so I invite you to join me in just having some fun, playing some games and relaxing.

It's not always going to be relaxing, mind you. I also have a bit of an Achievement addiction. Not in the sense of collecting as many as possible, by playing all kinds of games, grabbing the ones that come easy and moving on like some people. I'm more the completionist, I love the challenge of trying to obtain all the achievements the game can offer and usually I try to stick with one or two games until I do. This adds to the time it takes me to move from one game to the other, compounding my backlog problem. I do think that upcoming features of me raging my way through an achievement or two will make for some very entertaining and embarrassing upcoming features once I get my video recording stuff together. This could also turn into some Guides and How-Tos.
Hopefully as the community of my blog grows we can get together for some gaming sessions, or work on achievements together. If you want to get in contact with me you can do so through the comments below. Please leave a comment letting me know which direction you want me to take this. I have a good idea but I'm hoping to have this be more of a community thing in which you guys help me shape it as well. If you tell me what content you want, hopefully I can provide it for you and we all get what we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment