Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Thursdaily Update

Also starring Bat-Nipples.
Hey all, sorry about not publishing an update yesterday, time just seemed to slip away from me. In truth I was just too engrossed in DC Universe Online and only played a couple of hours of Daggerdale. The upside is Gotham is safe once again from the evil exploits of Bane and Scarecrow. Batwoman was quite happy, I never knew she was a red head! I guess my only Batwoman experience is that of Alicia Silverstone in the thoroughly average movie Batman & Robin. Now that I think of it she may have actually been Batgirl... I digress.

TheDonMega is now level 11 and has taken down his fair share of villains, learnt a new ice power that encases him in ice and heals a lot of health quite rapidly and finally learnt how to fly faster. Getting around the world with only the base level flight was quickly becoming tiresome. I will say that I am enjoying the change of setting a lot, as all of the MMOs I've played in the past have all been in a fantasy-ish setting. This is the first time I've played in a PvP server, which has made it a lot more fun. Minding your own business trying to complete a mission only to have some villain drop in unannounced to battle you has kept things interesting, turning the rote MMO fetch quest into something unexpected.

TheDonMega
Me and my buddy (Badgeros), who convinced me to play a bit with him, have been flying around together for the most part and we've had a lot more success than failure when it's come to villains dropping in unannounced. One of the best times I've had so far is when 3 villains tried to jump us as we were searching for some fetch-quest MacGuffin. Badgeros took the brunt of the onslaught and concentrated on the highest level attacker while I danced around dodging a lot of damage while trying to deal my own. He managed to take out his main assailant but his health had dwindled too much and as he got caught in another attack he collapsed, leaving me and 2 damaged but still dangerous attackers. After a flurry of ice and bullets it turned into a duel between me and the remaining perpetrator, and after a tense couple of minutes I had him on the ropes. As he went to take of TheDonMega gave chase, wanting to avenge the fallen Badgeros. As I chased the villain around the corner of yet another skyscraper I froze. There I was facing 12 odd villains forming a group for a raid, before I could even turn around TheDonMega was sent crashing into the pavement. Flying through a city, popping caps in fools with guns, experiencing PvP and a different genre to MMO my way through might just hold my attention for a while.

Enough PC talk, this blog has Xbox right up there in the title. Since I last updated everyone I have finally leveled everyone of my Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale characters to level 10, which took a lot longer than expected due to me losing my concentration and dying every second run through of the last boss. Only just moments before starting this entry I finally struggled my way through beating the last boss in Coop with myself. Having to babysit a level 1 character through the last boss while simultaneously trying to deal as much damage as possible to get it over as quickly as possible is something that took more tries than I'd like to admit. A hint for those going for it, don't think that if he goes down and you get to the boss in time before he bleeds out that you are safe. I found out the hard way that his timer is still ticking down during the last long diatribe he has to get out of his system before finally croaking it.

Spoilers: The last boss is a dragon. Now you don't have to play Daggerdale, you're welcome.
One more achievement to go, and that's grinding my way to having 100 000 gold. I should be done by the end of today and will therefore be posting a review of Daggerdale next time I blog. I'm not sure if I'll be writing an entry over Easter, so I'll take this time to wish everyone a happy Easter. Try not to engorge yourselves too much on chocolate and whatever else you'll be eating during the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment