Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Tuesdaily Update

OK?
It's been a while since I did a Tuesdaily Update but here it is. We had WA Day yesterday here in Western Australia, so I took the day off from my super stressful job writing this blog. I have it hard over here, I know. I spent that time and most of the weekend busting through a couple of games and have some new completions to show for it. It's refreshing to have not just one but two completions to talk about as it's been nothing but writing about progress in Bionic Commando: Rearmed for so long.

The first completion which took nearly all weekend was Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 which is a complete cake walk compared to the original. I've had some people tell me that it wasn't as good as the original but I found it just as good, maybe even better. Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 had more levels and gameplay features to play around with with less than half of the frustration found in the original. I'm not sure if that's at least in part because I knew what to expect in terms of gameplay and strategies or just that the level of difficulty was lower. I don't mind hard games, I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I just found Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 much more enjoyable.

Usually I'm a big proponent of any and all facial hair but the
Mo on ol' Spence just ain't sitting right with me
On Friday I noted that I was about halfway through the first play-through (which was on Normal). I ended up finishing that run then going back through all the levels again grabbing all the lives, power ups and secrets to put me in the best possible position to beat the game on Hard. Once that was done Saturday saw me run through all the levels again without jumping which unlocks the "Billy Hoyle" achievement. I then started my fourth run-through of the game in co-operative with myself. It was a bit unwieldy, with me not being able to see where I was going sometimes but come early Sunday I was done. Diving straight into Hard mode on my fifth play-through I was done in no time. Hard mode didn't put up a fight, with me finishing levels in the quickest times I had done them yet. So after five play-throughs spaced across a few days Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 has been completed and is not something to be feared like you should the original Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

I could go some Doritos right about now!
Monday was a new day and as I scrolled through my XBLA collection looking in equal parts amazement and pride as how I've been working my way through and completing a lot of them I decided to get stuck into Doritos Crash Course 2. I really liked the original Crash Course so I was excited to see what this one could offer and I'm pleased to say it improves in some ways while still offering a fun and challenging game to play through. I ended up playing it all Monday, practically completing it in one or two sittings. The only thing I had left to do when I finally went to bed in the early hours of this morning was to grind out some more bonus objectives. This is easily done on the third level in the jungle and after spending another 45 minutes with it this morning I've managed to close the lid on another game, that is until the DLC gets released.

That's all that's happened so far today, right now I'm staring down the next game to add to my growing pile of conquests, but you'll have to check back Thursday for more on that. In all honesty I've been a bit lazy lately in just about all areas of my life, including this blog, so I'm trying to pull myself out of that and hopefully there'll be some more posts popping up but that's all for this one. Leave a comment if you've got something you'd like to say and I'll see you laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment