Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

Fridaily Update

Celebrations were had,
Super Hard mode was beaten
A while ago I thought this day would never come but today I can finally say I'm finished with Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Thursday night saw the realization of weeks of effort, all for 5 measly Gamerscore. If I were doing this for the points alone I probably would have moved on long ago but I like to think of myself as a completionist and while I'm not sure Bionic Commando: Rearmed was the hardest game I've ever slogged through it would definitely have to be one of the hardest ones in a long, long time.

Yesterday was a weird day, filled with ups and downs, which is why I didn't end up posting anything - I just didn't seem to have it in me. The completion of Bionic Commando: Rearmed Thursday night did cap off a mixed day on a high note and help to put yesterday behind me. This won't be then end of Nathan Spencer as today, after a brief stint revisiting Joe Danger 2: The Movie and completing the Undead Movie Pack DLC, I've started working on Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2. Yes you read that right, more Bionic Commando action than you can shake a stick at. I'm sorry if you've had enough of Bionic Commando but I figured while it was still fresh I might as well put the skills to use and finish the sequel off as well. Before we go deeper into that, lets talk about Joe Danger 2: The Movie.

Fast paced and loads of fun. You should give Joe Danger a try
Joe Danger was a cool little game that can also be very hard, however I found it insanely fun. You play as a cartoon stuntman doing all kinds of daring tricks and stunts while trying to complete the different objectives each level tasks you with. I absolutely loved Joe Danger so when Joe Danger 2: The Movie came out I jumped on it quick. After completing Joe Danger 2, I had deleted it off my hard drive sad that there would be no more Joe Danger for the foreseeable future. I was happily proven wrong when word of DLC for Joe Danger 2 reached me. I bought and played the Undead Move Pack last night and this morning and while happy to revisit Joe Danger I found the DLC to be lacking and very short. After maybe 2 hours I was finished with Joe Danger again. Until next time buddy.

Back sporting a Mo this time
This quick pallet refresher proved to be all I needed to start thinking about tackling Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2. I thought what the hell, let's strike while the iron is hot. I had a quick look at the achievements and after playing the game for a little while I think I was right in my assumption that this incarnation of Bionic Commando will be easier than the last. It's been pretty fun so far, and I think I'm somewhere around halfway through my first play through. There seems to be a lot more levels this time, and the achievements require a lot of playthroughs, but with the quick progress I've been making so far I think this game won't put up half the fight the previous one did. The swinging mechanic is different this time, it behaves the way I thought it should have in the first game. After playing the original for so long however it's weird getting used to the change.

That's it for this week. No PC games, no phone games, just straight Xbox this time. I'll be back sometime next week, Monday is a public holiday so I'm unsure if I'll be writing anything but something will go live Tuesday for sure. See you all then.

No comments:

Post a Comment