Pages

Friday 10 May 2013

Fridaily Update

Friday's here! This means the weekend and more gaming! Since Wednesday there has been some decent gaming as well. I haven't gotten back to Angry Birds yet, I'm still taking some time away from that one. I'll return to it soon, maybe sometime this weekend or next week as I still want to get it finished before any potential problems arise from it's delisting. For now I'm enjoying my time away from the frustration of chasing those stars.

Not as hard as I once thought!
I've spent most of my time since Wednesday playing Alien Hominid HD, which I have now finished. The majority of the achievements are actually pretty easy once you know what you're doing. I don't know why I got so discouraged all those years ago looking back on it now. The game doesn't require all that much from you and is rather forgiving with it's lives and continues when you aren't playing on hard. I think it was the fact that I looked through the achievements and saw the one called Perfect Fight which wants you to "Defeat the Final Boss without using a continue" which I assumed meant that you had to play the whole game and beat him without continuing, which was quite demoralizing seeing as I was continuing on the first level. Turns out this is not the case, and loading up the final level and beating him that way is enough to unlock the achievement.

Those Soviets just wouldn't stand still, all I wanted to do
was rip their heads off!
The walkthrough helped me immensely, and I followed it completely. There are still a few hard achievements and some luck/patience based ones, which I'm not that gifted in. WMD tasks you to "Reach 5000 Km in Super Soviet Missile Master" which is a mini-game in Alien Hominid and required hours of attempts only to be denied more than 5 times with over 4900 Km. Eventually I managed to grab that achievement and nearly hit 6000 Km, it's funny how things work like that sometimes. That left me with the last achievement I needed, Head Chomper which wants you to "Head bite 50 enemies without touching the ground or firing." This is another achievement that just requires hours of patience and practice and luck. After trying for hours I was about to give up on it and started doing something else but I decided to come back to it and just relax and take it really slow while I was watching some Youtube videos and ended up unlocking it when I wasn't even really paying attention.

More running and gunning!
I'm really pleased I've put a lid on Alien Hominid and sealed up that 4 year quest. Emboldened by this victory I noticed Bionic Commando: Rearmed sitting around in my games list and I decided to tackle that. This is another game from my past and, according to the time-stamp on my then singular Bionic Commando: Rearmed achievement which reads 4th of January 2009, has been sitting around for longer than Alien Hominid HD on my hard-drive. I'm not so sure if I'll manage to complete this as it seems a lot harder than Alien Hominid HD, but I definitely want to complete some more achievements and at least beat the game once on a lower difficulty or something. So far I've managed to pop another two achievements and am working on a third. There's a long road ahead with this game so expect to see some more of it around here.


Apart from that there has been some more movement in the Windows Phone front, with the release of Monster Burner this week which is available for free. As someone that can never pass up the allure of free Gamerscore I downloaded this right away but haven't fired it up yet. I'm not playing any more Windows Phone games until Angry Birds and iStunt 2 are in the bag I've told myself. This goes for the recent purchase of Sally's Salon: Luxury Edition as well, though I'm not really all that interested in playing it. It's the Windows Phone Deal of the Week this week, with it being discounted to a buck, so get on it while you can if you're interested.

Speaking of Deal of the Week, this weeks Xbox DotW is Serious Sam themed, with all the Serious Sam games being discounted. As you might know I recently completed Serious Sam: TFE (Review) and was happy with this opportunity to grab the other Serious Sam episodes only to find the Marketplace being quite glitch when it comes to Serious Sam: TSE. Serious Sam: TSE doesn't show when browsing the Marketplace normally, but when searched for appears without the option to buy the game, only to download the demo. I did so, thinking once I had the game on my hard drive I could unlock it from within the game, pay my MSP and be on my way. This doesn't work either, instead it displays a notice saying that this content isn't available in my region. I don't understand why Serious Sam: TFE and Serious Sam 3 would be fine for my region but Serious Sam: TSE isn't. I'm planning on getting in contact with Microsoft about this soon as I don't want to miss out on this deal, especially because I'm planning on completing the Serious Sam series.

That's been my last two days, looking at this wall of text makes it seem far more eventful than I thought it was. Wednesday I teased some more about the upcoming features of my blog and I was right in holding back on promising anything. I've hit a snag and I'm not in the process of ordering some more stuff to get the stuff I already ordered to work, sigh. Oh well, I'm not going to harp on about this and tease it anymore until I know it's already working so I'll be going dark on this front for a couple of weeks it seems, forget I said anything. Hope everyone has a good time gaming this weekend, leave a comment if you feel inclined to do so, I'd appreciate it, and I'll be back Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment