Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Review


I'm feeling a lot of pressure writing this review. It's a long time past any use, anybody and everybody has bought this game by now, and my review isn't going to have the slightest effect, but I'm going to state right up front that this game would probably be my number one Xbox 360 game ever. I loved just about every second of the over 130 hours I poured into Red Dead Redemption. It's because of this fact that I feel the most pressure to write this review, it won't be nearly as good as the subject it's covering but I can only try.

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer pretty much has it all!
There is also some pressure coming from the fact that this is my first retail game review, this isn't by accident. I made a conscious decision a while ago to work my way through the huge backlog of Xbox Live Arcade titles I had saved up, you can read a little more about it in my last review for Serious Sam: TFE. It was a decision brought about partially through necessity, and partially because I had been boosting and otherwise working on long multiplayer achievements for months. I like to work on one game at a time but when I've done everything I can in singleplayer I move on and keep my eyes open for boosting sessions. When the game you decide to work on has a multiplayer achievement that requires hundreds of hours of boosting playing some quick, sometimes smaller games in between can take the edge off.

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer is awesome, and kept me coming back for quite a while but eventually I fell off, like I do with all multiplayer. It's not Red Dead Redemption's fault, I can sit back and look at it rationally and I can't see one real problem. At the end of the day I'm just more of a single player guy, I want to consume and experience everything a game has to offer, but when I do I'm ready to move on no matter how good the game was.

This is about to go real bad, real fast for one of us
I've already waffled on for too long without really saying anything specifically about Red Dead Redemption, now that I think about it I'm not even really sure what I want to say. I don't know why but I just don't want to apply my normal review format to this game. I think it may be partially because it would be nothing but me gushing about Red Dead, and the completely massive amount of different things it brings to the table, for pages upon pages. While the game is certainly deserving of such praise, reading it will just be boring, and I think I would wear out my thesaurus coming up with synonyms for awesome, amazing and great. If you are legitimately still searching the internet for reviews of Red Dead I don't know what I can add to the huge pile that are already out there, just play the game!

Cowboy ish!
I've written so much already without really saying what I want to say. It's been said a hundred times before, it's boring, it's known already but I guess I'll just say it to get it out of my system... RED DEAD REDEMPTION IS FUCKING AWESOME! MY BALLS TWITCH JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW RAD IT IS! IF YOU LIKE COWBOY SHIT AT ALL, EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST, YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME. IT IS GIGANTIC AND PACKED WITH ALL THE COWBOY STUFF YOU CAN THINK OF. PLAY THIS GAME, PLAY IT, PLAY IT, PLAY IT!

Sorry, I guess I repressed that for too long. I've been waffling and I'm not sure I can add much of anything else to this post. This is nowhere near the review I envisaged for one of my favourite games of all time. If I was going to say one last thing about Rockstar in general it would be that I've been a big fan of just about everything Rockstar ever since GTA3 hit, and I'm eagerly awaiting GTA5 but man, I'm just not sure if anything can top Red Dead Redemption for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment