Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Wednesdaily Update

Hey everyone, Wednesday rolls around and some exciting things are going down. Before we get to that first lets cover what I've been up to the last couple days. I'm still chugging along on my quest to try and get Angry Birds done, with it being pulled from the marketplace I'm anxious to complete it, hopefully without any problems. I worked my way through what was left of the second episode, 3 starring everything except for one level which I can't for the life of me manage to hit the score required for the third star. Even if I do everything in the videos that I'm following I always seem to be a few thousand short of where I'm supposed to be.

It's situations like this that really put me off certain games. Games that have a huge luck component just frustrate the hell out of me. You can do everything exactly how you're supposed to and still end up failing and that just isn't a great incentive to play the game. I place my birds exactly as the video and the blocks fall the exact same way every time except sometimes these ones break, other times they don't. Why? The physics engine just messing up I guess. Sometimes a stone block falls from way up and only cracks, sometimes it slides off from a lower platform and it shatters instantly. For these reasons Angry Birds has always been more annoying than entertaining for me. I guess that's just the way the green pig infested tower crumbles.

Physics, why you no consistent?
So I'm one star away from the Episode 2 - Total Destruction achievement. After trying for that star for hours I decided to move on and I've made some headway into the third episode but my previous couple of  hours failures haunted me and I decided that I've had enough of Angry Birds for a while. Thinking that I needed some time away from those annoying birds I was looking around wandering what to tackle next. Slightly lost I was browsing random TrueAchievement pages and saw a link to an Alien Hominid HD Walkthrough on the right hand side of a page.

Alien Hominid is a game that I liked the look of and played for a couple of minutes years ago (on the 3rd of April 2009 by the time-stamp of my first and only achievement in the game before yesterday). It just seemed crazy hard and I had no idea what I was doing or how to tackle the achievements so I gave up on it real quick. Discouraged I never tried to play it again, scrolling past it every time I looked at my games library on my Xbox 360. It's one unlocked achievement taunting me, always reminding me of my pathetic skill in side-scrolling shooters. Well no more! I clicked on that walkthrough and have been following it towards success. I'm two achievements away from completing it, and while they aren't necessarily hard, man are they frustrating. Obviously I hope to wrap Alien Hominid HD up fairly soon and put a lid on this 4 year saga.

That's my last couple of days in gaming. Last Fridaily Update I sort of teased something fairly exciting and today it arrived in the mail. I have been looking at it and messing around a bit but I'm not in the position to start testing it out yet. I still have to set up some stuff and maybe buy some things. I would explain my plans but I first want to get it up and running and see what I can actually accomplish instead of making empty promises. Hopefully by the time Friday comes round I'll be in a better position and be able to share with you guys. That's it for today, yesterday I posted a quasi-review of Red Dead Redemption, stay tuned for a more formal review tomorrow, leave a comment and I hope to see you all again Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment