Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Mondaily Update

Welcome back to the start of another week. This weekend saw me throw a whole heap of hours at Bionic Commando: Rearmed. I've made a bunch of progress, finishing the game twice now and collecting 10 out of the 12 available achievements. The two that elude me so far are A Real Challenge and Elite Commando.

A Real Challenge tasks you with completing the challenge rooms with a score of at least 1 star. It seems you are guaranteed a star just by finishing the room, which is fine by me because the handful of rooms I have left are devilishly hard. This achievement will be an exercise in patience, something that I have only at the best of times. Elite Commando wants you to finish the game on Super Hard difficulty, which is exactly as it sounds; super hard. I have already ran through Bionic Commando on Normal and Hard difficulties and I haven't even managed to beat one level on Super Hard. I'm not ready to give up on it yet though, as I found out on Hard mode, once you beat the first couple of levels and get some better equipment the game becomes easier.

X-Men offers a quick completion, with all achievements being obtainable in under 2 hours.
Besides struggling away on Bionic Commando: Rearmed I met up with Beast and we both worked together to complete X-Men the XBLA game. X-Men is a port of the old arcade game famous for the phrase; "Welcome to die". It is a side-scrolling Beat 'em Up featuring six of the X-Men facing off against Magneto and numerous other Marvel villains. X-Men is easily completed within a couple of hours but requires one friend to get a couple of the multiplayer achievements. There's still a couple of reviews on the back burner waiting to be published but look out for one on X-Men in the future.

The only other Xbox related topic of note is the over an hour I spent talking to Xbox support today concerning my inability to buy Serious Sam: TSE. The problem is still not resolved as I had to leave but I will be taking up the issue with them again tomorrow. I might post the chat log for those with a slight voyeur kink. That'll be it for today, again this is a pretty late post, but I managed to get it up before midnight so hey... still Monday. I'll see everyone again Wednesday for another update, and check back tomorrow for another review.

No comments:

Post a Comment