Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Mondaily Update

Sometimes walking away from a huge firefight with
7 health is a win!
Monday is here, hope everyone made a bunch of progress in whatever they were playing. I had a fairly busy weekend, which included a couple of outings, some training, a little bit of boosting for the first time in ages and a lot of dying. Dying can be the most infuriating thing in the world, but also serves as incentive to get it right the next time. Maybe there's something wrong with me but I can't seem to walk away from a game when it's all going bad, I need to push through and show my Xbox who's boss.

Since last update I've been slowly working my way forward in Serious Sam TFE. The save system is a godsend in this game, with every encounter on Serious difficulty running the very real risk of being your last. I've been following a secrets walkthrough this run to make sure I grab that achievement when I finish and to make sure I get every health and armour pickup I can to make it just that bit easier. Except that it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. I've made it to the back half of the game and things are only going to get harder but I'll do it, oh yes! It'll happen Xbox, you'll see.


Part 1 of 1 it seems...
Apart from Serious Sam, I took some time on Sunday to bust through Deep Black Episode 1. One of my regular boosting buddies grabbed the game and seeing as it had four online achievements that can be attained real quick, so we got them while the getting was good. After wrapping the multiplayer achievements up in 30 minutes I decided a break from Serious Sam could be good so I continued playing through Deep Black's campaign. It's surprisingly decent for a game everyone seemed to overlook completely and it's made me a bit sad because I doubt Deep Black Episode 2 will ever be developed. Just like Amy, Deep Black cuts off without wrapping up it's story and let's you know to keep an eye out for Deep Black Episode 2. If/when that happens I'll gladly go back in for another look, Deep Black isn't good, but it's interesting and has some new ideas.

I shouldn't get too reviewy here, look for a Deep Black review Thursday. Tomorrow the review for Joy Ride Turbo should go live so check that out too. Leave a comment below and I'll be back Wednesday, hopefully you will to?

No comments:

Post a Comment