Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Wednesdaily Update

Grind out some Gold Eggs
Hey guys welcome to my mid-week update. I took some time away from writing blogs over the Easter period and concentrated on completing some of the games in my XBLA backlog. As such I have a bunch of reviews I now have to write and will be rolling out throughout the week. Thus the time off from writing has, perhaps obviously, resulted in a major backlog of writing to be done.

Since last update I haven't played any more DC Universe Online, so no long rambling stories from Metropolis this time. I did however finish Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale, which you can read my review of here. Grinding the last 30 000 gold I needed proved to not be too laborious of a task, and I finished within an hour of starting.

Since completing Daggerdale I went on to finish with a duo of Sega Saturn fighting ports. Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers. While both are from the same era, they have quite differing levels of quality. I'll be publishing my review of Fighting Vipers along with this blog entry so you can read that here. You will have to wait to read what I have to say about Virtua Fighter 2, which I will be rolling out tomorrow. Gotta keep 'em wanting more.

Point and Click again, I dare you!
While I do enjoy a fighting game here and there, I usually tire of them quickly. After grabbing all the achievements in the Sega fighters on I went to play through both the Sam and Max seasons on offer on the Xbox Live Arcade. Having never played a Sam and Max game I wasn't too sure what to expect but I ended up enjoying my time with the duo. Reviews of both games will be up in the future.

Writing all this content and not posting it is hard, as I'm not the best in delaying gratification, however knowing that there is something guaranteed to go up the next couple of days, even if I do nothing, gives a sense of security. I don't want to write too much about all that as I'm still writing them and I don't wan't everything to just be repeated across multiple pages.

Onto the present, I have started NiGHTS into Dreams... another Sega title. I know a lot of Sega fans have a bunch of love for this franchise but personally I'm not seeing it yet. I've only played the first 2 levels and I don't have a great handle on what it is I'm doing yet but rest assured I'll keep playing until completion and have a review about that some time in the future.

That covers everything and you all are up to date on my gaming goings on. Keep watch for a bunch of reviews and more updates in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment