Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Fridaily Update

Hope all my fellow Australians had a great ANZAC Day, I know I sure made good use of my time. I managed to finish up two games and most of a third I started last night.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter was the first to be wrapped up nicely with the help of a friend who knew exactly what he was doing. We made it through in record time with explosions and flowers flying everywhere. Flowers because I had Hippie blood turned on as the achievement Co-op Hippie asks you to complete the last stage with it, it was a colourful change after the three other solo runs I did with normal blood. Co-op was a blast and super easy as you can die as much as you want and constantly spawn back in exactly where you left off. Completing the campaign in co-op took just under two hours and resulted in the three achievements I needed to complete Serious Sam: TFE. It was a great start to the day.

Red Dead Redemption rides off into the sunset that is my DVD shelf
Next I couldn't really decide what I wanted to play next, and saw Red Dead Redemption was still sitting in my disc drive so instead of wasting time I thought why not just grind out some more levels for a while. I ended up doing that for most of the day but in the end I reached level 50 and passed into legend, sacrificing my rank for the last achievement I needed. It was a bitter sweet moment as I deleted the RDR install and DLC expansions from my hard drive, I was happy I had finally completed it but also sad as now I probably won't play any Red Dead Redemption for a long, long time.


Red Dead Redemption is up there as one of my favourite games I've ever played on the Xbox. Before deleting it I spent some more time in single player, roaming the country side and unlocking the last two outfits I needed by playing a whole bunch of Five-Finger Fillet, roaming around for ages looking for snakes to kill and skin and killing a cougar with a stick of dynamite amongst other things. After getting the Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter outfits there was nothing more to do in my game and multiplayer, while fun, isn't what I really liked about RDR, so it has now retired from my Xbox almost a whole three years since I first played it.

After looking through my XBLA list one more time I decided on giving Crazy Taxi a whirl. It's been a bunch of stupid fun so far and I've managed to grab all the Arcade and Original mode achievements which leaves me with the Crazy Box. Crazy Box is a set of challenge missions that are a lot harder than any of the fares you drive around in the actual game, so this could end up becoming quite the challenge. I'm gonna see if I can wrap it up today, and get another completion under my belt this week.

That's all for this update, two more completed games to review, along with Deep Black, so look for those reviews in the upcoming weeks. As always leave a comment, and I'll be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment